For those of you who do not know, Microsoft released TFS 2013 update 4 with their Connect(); event yesterday/last night.
They also gave us a sneak peak of what is in the pipeline, and I for one am once again getting really excited.
One thing that caught my eye was some vNext features, for example the new build infrastructure that is going to be introduced. YES the build agent is finally going cross platform…
As per Brian Harry's post:
Sneak peek – Updated build service
I (Brian Harry) showed a preview of a major update to the VS Online/TFS build service that we’ve been working on. We believe it will address a large portion of the suggestions to improve it that we’ve received. Improvements include:
- A much simpler customization experience that doesn’t require XAML/Workflow – just a simple sequence of tasks to execute.
- A real time build output window to easily track the progress on your build
- Build definition versioning/auditing so you can know who changed your build definition, what changes they made and why.
- A web based editing/administration experience
- The ability to share build agents across projects and collections, making shared build pools far more viable.
- A cross platform build agent so that you can automate builds for Mac and Linux too (or even builds than span a PC, Mac and Linux).
See more exiting new from Brian's post.
Aaarrgghh; the wait…