- What rock have you been under?
- Here is a quick guide to start off with.
Once you have that sorted you can start by installing the following:
- Docker for Windows
I recommend using the beta channel as this has the support for Windows containers using Hyper-V.
- Kitematic, you can get it directly from here
- dotnetCore SDK, ‘cause that is how we roll…
- A cool IDE like VS Code
If you are using VS Code then don't forget to add the Docker extension
- And assuming you have a new, non-developer machine do not forget node. We will use it to restore packages when we start playing with demo samples.
This should get you ready to start playing.
A note: if you have Visual Studio (2015.3 or newer) installed, then I can recommend you install the dotnetcore tools preview.
In the next post we will create a simple application that we can start doing stuff with.